Come join us and “Pedal through the Meadow” (named in honor of Chion Wolf’s pre-marathon bike event). Bike West Hartford is sponsoring a friendly group ride (10-12 mph) from Wethersfield to Glastonbury CT on Saturday May 13th, 2023. Thanks to Adam Prizio and Ethan Frankel for co-leading this 17-mile round-trip bike ride.
If you missed the ride, check out Robert Gursky’s video at 10x speed
Register online to participate. Bring your bike and helmet, water, and at least $4 cash for round-trip ferry ride (plus more to purchase food or drinks at the rest stop). Check this page a day before the ride for any changes due to river flooding.
GOOD NEWS: CT DOT says “the historic Rocky Hill-Glastonbury Ferry will open for the 2023 season this Saturday, May 13, 2023, at 10:30 a.m.”
Riders are responsible for their own transportation to/from the start and end point in Wethersfield.
- 12:30pm meet up at Heirloom Market, 263 Main St, Wethersfield for safety orientation and roll out by 12:45pm
- See the Bikes on Main Street display, organized by Old Wethersfield Shopkeepers Association
- Ride through the Meadows along the Connecticut River
- Cross over the ride on the Rocky Hill-Glastonbury Ferry ($2 cash each way per cyclist)
- Rest stop at Hops on the Hill Farm Brewery, 275 Dug Road, South Glastonbury
- Return trip to starting point ($2 cash each way per cyclist on ferry)
View from biking through the Meadows along the CT River. Photos by Adam Prizio.