Jack Dougherty: Thomas Regan-Lefebvre and Kerri Provost issued this action alert for the 40th pedestrian-bicyclist killed by a motor vehicle driver in Connecticut in 2022:
On Friday night July 29th, a pedestrian was killed by a driver on Silas Deane Highway, state route 99. See WFSB news coverage.
Silas Deane is a five-lane speed track with widely inadequate infrastructures protecting vulnerable road users.
If you can, come to the Wethersfield Town Council meeting on Monday at 7PM and use your 3 minutes of free-speech time to address Council members on the abysmal lack of infrastructure for pedestrians in this town.
Please contact the following officials and tell them that:
– it is the 40th pedestrian killed in our state since the beginning of the year and the second in Wethersfield
– this area is a well-known dark spot for safety as another pedestrian was killed on the highway on Sept. 16, 2020
– Call for the town to apply to State DOT Connectivity Grant to fund proper pedestrian infrastructures: https://portal.ct.gov/DOT/PP_Intermodal/CTConnectivity/CT-Connectivity-
Mayor Michael Rell: email@example.com
Council members Tom Mazzarella, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ryan Biggs email@example.com, Ken Lesser firstname.lastname@example.org, Matthew Forrest email@example.com, Kevin Hill firstname.lastname@example.org, Dan O’ Connor email@example.com, Pat Pentalow firstname.lastname@example.org, Shelley Carbone email@example.com
Town Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
State Rep Amy Morin Bello:Amy.MorrinBello@cga.ct.gov
State Senator John Fonfara: John.Fonfara@cga.ct.gov
– Anna Bergeron: bike/ped Coordinator: Anna.Bergeron@ct.gov
– CT Vision Zero Council:CTVisionZero@ct.gov