Bike West Hartford Inc., a non-profit organization, advocates for a more bicycle- and pedestrian-friendly environment in the town of West Hartford, Connecticut and in cooperation with other communities. Key programs include:
- Center Streets: join our bike- and pedestrian-only festivities in West Hartford Center on a Sunday morning in late August
- Cycling Without Age: volunteers provide rickshaw rides for elderly people in nursing homes and senior centers
- Ethan Frankel, President
- Ed Pawlak, Vice President
- Scott Franklin, Treasurer
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bikewesthartford/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BikeWHartford
See related organizations:
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Commission, Town of West Hartford
- BiCiCo, Center for Latino Progress, Hartford
Home page photo credits: Pam Lander and Jack Dougherty
We are Bike West Hartford, Inc. a Connecticut 501(c)(3) not for profit corporation focused on the development of bicycle infrastructure and education within West Hartford and surrounding communities.
There are many factors to consider in order to create an ideal environment for bicyclists, motorists, pedestrians and businesses. Through community advocacy, Bike West Hartford, Inc. hopes to achieve harmonious community development within the framework of a bicycle friendly community.
Education is a critical component of our efforts. Beth Bye, our State Senator and bicycle commuter, accurately stated recently the following when discussing the role of bicycles on our roadways: “We need to be considered in the same way as cars.”
As residents and visitors become more focused on living a healthy lifestyle, the importance of a bicycle friendly community is paramount.
The efforts of Bike West Hartford, Inc. can be seen throughout the town of West Hartford, CT by the installation of bicycle signs, bike lanes, bike racks and the very successful West Hartford Bicycle Festival.
All are welcome to attend the monthly meetings of Bike West Hartford, Inc. and the West Hartford Bicycle Advisory Committee, which are generally held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in the West Hartford Town Hall. Please periodically check this website for specific times and places.
The goals of Bike West Hartford, Inc. are as follows:
1. To Promote bicycle safety through education
2. To Promote bicycle awareness to motorists
3. To Develop the bicycle infrastructure of West Hartford
4. To Promote the positive impact which bicyclists have on the local economy
5. To Promote the health benefits and cost savings associated with bicycle transportation
Bike West Hartford, Inc. is able to continue its active role through the generous donations of local residents, businesses and fellow advocates.