Register online for the #HartfordBikeParty Keney Park Picnic Ride, Sunday July 2nd 2023, meet up 10am at West Side Square (510 Farmington Ave, Hartford), roll out by 10:15am. Join us for a picnic in Keney Park! Bring your own lunch or a simple meal to cook over your own camp stove! Frozen desserts will be provided too! We’ll ride together at a friendly “party pace” (10-12 mph) and no one will be left behind. Event co-sponsored by Hartford Bike Club and Bike West Hartford.
- Have fun!
- As always, wear your helmet and bring a full water bottle.
- Bring your own lunch or a simple meal to cook over your own camp stove! We’ll bring frozen desserts. PS: We just learned that West Side Square and its food trucks will NOT be open on Sunday.
- If you have a choice between different bikes, bring the one with wider tires. Keney Park has an amazing network of trails, and our route is mostly paved trails, but includes some gravel and dirt trails, with occasionally muddy spots. Also, be prepared to lift your bike over (or push it under) some fallen trees, and feel free to ask other riders for help!
- Bring a picnic blanket to sit on, since our picnic area does not include any tables or benches.
- Everywhere in Connecticut, after any outdoor activity in the woods, gardens, or even a grassy lawn, do a tick check and learn how to remove them to avoid Lyme disease.
- Have fun!
For questions about this ride, contact Jack Dougherty or Emily Oshinskie or Rob Peters or Ellen Eickenhorst.