Register online to join our group ride and check out new high-visibility bike lanes in downtown Hartford on Saturday October 28th, 2023.
Bring ideas and examples from Hartford to West Hartford. If #HartfordHasIt then #WhyNotWeHa?
Our group bike ride is designed to be fun and open to all skill levels, rolling at a friendly pace of 10-12 mph, with no one left behind.
9am start at Elizabeth Park near greenhouses on the West Hartford side
11am end with optional coffee at Tisane Euro-Asian Cafe, 537 Farmington Avenue
Bring any bicycle in good condition, a water bottle, and money if you wish to buy a drink or snack at the cafe.
Our 7-mile loop follows roads — some with bike lanes, and some without — thru the Asylum Hill neighborhood, Union Station and Church Street, Constitution Plaza, Bushnell Park, Capitol Ave, and back to the West End.
- National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- City of Hartford, Planning & Zoning, Complete Streets — Grace Yi, Senior Planner (Bike/Ped)
- Slow Streets, Neighborhood Traffic Calming, West End presentation
- Asylum Avenue Traffic Calming — October 2023 Map — commentary by Kerri Provost, Real Hartford
- Main Street Improvements
- CTDOT Greater Hartford Mobility Study, plan to redesign I-84 & I-91 and multimodal transportation
View our route on RideWithGPS or see the interactive map below.